Advising Updates for Fall 2021:
No Academic Policy Modifications have been approved for Fall 2021See Academic Policy Dates and Deadlines Calendar for specific deadlines for add/drop, dropping courses, Credit/No-Credit, Grade Replacement, etc.
The Fall 2021 Drop Deadline and deadline to elect Credit/No-Credit and Grade Replacement for full-term courses is Friday, October 15 at 11:59 pm, CST.
See UIUC Student Code for election of Credit/No-Credit Grading.
See UIUC Student Code for Campus Grade Replacement Policy.
There are no restrictions on course changes for required Engineering coursesAlways meet with your academic advisor BEFORE dropping required courses to determine impact on graduation progress.
The Grainger Engineering Undergraduate Programs Office (UPO)
- Meet with a Grainger Engineering College Advisor to discuss academic policies and procedures.
- Academic Status
- Course Registration Issues
- Enrollment Issues
- Student Resources
- Obtain "Dean's" approval for petitions and forms.
- Understand Graduation Procedures and Degree checks.
- College Advisors are NOT your Departmental Advisors.
The Undergraduate Programs Office (Engineering Hall, Room 206) is open during the following times (Central Time):
- Mondays: 8:30am to 12pm and 1 pm to 4:30pm (closed between Noon-1pm for lunch)
- Tuesdays: 8:30am to 12pm and 1 pm to 4:30pm (closed between Noon-1pm for lunch)
- Wednesdays: 8:30am to 12pm and 1 pm to 4:30pm (closed between Noon-1pm for lunch)
- Thursdays: 1pm to 4:30pm (office closed Thursday mornings and for lunch)
- Fridays: 8:30am to 12pm and 1 pm to 4:30pm (closed between Noon-1pm for lunch)
- Meet with your Departmental Advisors at least once a semester to assist with:
- Course Selection
- Degree Progress
- Opportunities Within Your Major
- Developing Your Academic and Professional Plans
- Your Departmental Advisor will assist you with making progress toward earning your degree.
Click on the following for more information:
MEET WITH A GRAINGER ENGINEERING COLLEGE ADVISOR (UNDERGRADUATE DEAN'S ADVISING)
Academic advising appointments are available during normal business hours.
Express Advising (drop-in advising) is available from 1-4pm Mondays-Fridays.
Advising Meetings are conducted In-Person in EH 206, Online using Zoom, or via Phone for Fall 2021 (students choose).
Schedule a UPO College Academic Advising Appointment:
- Go to https://my.engr.illinois.edu/advising/
- Use your NetId and password to log in.
- Select the "UPO College Advising Appointment" Calendar.
- Select advisors to see available appointment times.
- Indicate if the appointment will be In-Person, Online, or via Phone (be sure to include your phone number).
- Schedule your appointment.
- In-Person Appointments: Check-in at Engineering Hall 206.
- Online Appointments: You will receive a Zoom link before your appointment to join your advising meeting.
- Phone Appointments: Advisors will call you at the number you provided at the start of your appointment.
Meet with a UPO College Advisor During Express Advising:
- 1:00pm to 4:00 pm Monday-Friday ONLY
- For quick questions.
- To meet with Records Staff about your degree audit or graduation.
- James Scholars Staff Hours: Wednesdays and Thursdays 2pm - 3pm CST through Zoom ONLY or email email@example.com with questions.
- In-Person: Come to Engineering Hall Room 206.
- Online: Link to enter Advising Queue: UPO Advisor/Staff Queue
- Once you enter the queue, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (Reception Staff) to confirm that you are in the queue.
- You will also get an email from the advisor/staff when he/she is ready to meet with you.
- For Zoom resources and all technology related questions, check https://it.engineering.illinois.edu/keeplearning
- The advisor/staff will wait for 7 minutes from the time the email is sent. If you are no longer available after 7 minutes, you will be removed from the queue for the advisor to see the next student.
- If the Queue website is down, call our main number at +1 217-333-22870 to see an advisor online.
- If our Reception Staff believe that your question can be answered by email instead of waiting for an advisor, they will communicate with you via email to clarify.
- If our Reception Staff believe you will need to schedule an appointment instead, you will receive instructions.
UPO Reception Staff:
- Available 8:30-Noon and 1-4:30 Mondays-Friday (closed Thursday mornings for staff meetings)
- If you have a simple question or are not sure if you need to meet with an Advisor.
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: +1 217-333-2280 (8:30am - 12 pm CST; 1pm - 4:30pm CST, Mondays-Fridays; closed Thursday mornings)
- Before contacting us, please visit http://covid19.illinois.edu.
- After contacting us, tell us what you think (anonymous survey): http://go.illinois.edu/GraingerOnlineAdvising
- For all other Engineering units online advising information, see http://go.engineering.illinois.edu/Contacts
|The Grainger College of Engineering Undergraduate Student Responsibilities||The Grainger College of Engineering, Eng Hall 206 Advisor Responsibilities|
|*Check your email often||*Respond to student requests in a timely manner|
|*Respond to College emails as required||*Update College website often with timely information|
|*Review and plan for College and Campus deadlines each term||*Communicate College and Campus deadlines|
|*Be familiar with College and Campus policies||*Be knowledgeable about College and Campus policies|
|*Treat others with respect||*Treat students with empathy and fairness|
|*Come to advising meetings prepared||*Create a welcoming advising space|
|*Ask questions and follow advice||*Provide accurate, up-to-date information|
|*Review your degree audit at the beginning of each semester||*Collaborate with major Departments to support degree completion|